In order to assist us to make a full assessment of the potential risks to your health from your planned travel, we would ask that you make a Travel Clinic appointment with our Practice Nurse. Ideally, this appointment should be made around the time of booking your holiday, at least 6 weeks before you travel.
At your appointment we may ask the following questions to help us plan for your trip:-
- When are you departing and for how long?
- Where are you going, including the destinations within a country?
- Where are you staying, e.g. backpacking, camping, hotels?
- Are you planning to undertake any high risk activities?
- Have you taken out travel insurance and have you informed the company of any existing medical condition?
- If female and of child bearing age, is there any possibility you could be pregnant, or are you planning a pregnancy?
- Do you have any medical conditions, or a history of significant medical illness? (these can influence the choice of malaria tablets we recommend)
Please complete our Travel Risk Assessment Form before your appointment.
Useful External Websites
It would help us greatly if you had some awareness of the travel problems that you may be at risk from on your trip before you come for your appointment.
Please look at the following website, to read the information for the county you are visiting
Visit Fitfortravel to find out more information about countries and vaccinations required.
Other useful websites to look at are:
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.