Primary Care Networks and West London GP Federation
All GP practices in England are now formed into Primary Care Networks (PCNs).
What is a primary care network (PCN)?
- A PCN is a group of GP practices based in a local community.
- Typically it is between 5 to 10 GP practices covering a patient population of 30,000 to 50,000.
- You WILL STILL be registered with your GP practice and will continue to access GP services in the usual way.
What will change for you?
- Partnership working enables patients to access additional health services provided within the PCN GP practices.
- You may not notice much change to begin with, but over time you will see a wider range of services becoming available in your GP practice or at another practice within your PCN.
Which PCN are we in?
West London has 5 PCNs.
Garway Medical Practice belongs to West Hill Health PCN.
Other West Hill member practices are:
- Grand Union Health Centre
- Holland Park Surgery
- Lancaster Gate Medical Centre
- Portobello Medical Centre
- The Pembridge Villas Surgery
- The Portland Road Practice
- Westbourne Grove Medical Centre
How can you help to develop your PCN?
A PCN can be a great opportunity to improve quality and access to health services for your local community.
If you would like to influence how services are being developed and delivered at your GP practice or PCN level, join your patient participation group or contact:
Healthwatch Central West London
Telephone: 0208 968 7049
What does the Federation do?
West London GP Federation (London Medical Associates Ltd) operates contracts for the management and provision of Out of Hospital and Extended Hours services covering the West London CCG area:
- Royal Boroughs of Kensington and Chelsea
- The Paddington and Queens Park areas of Westminster Borough
We are also involved in providing Clinical Pharmacy resources to our member practices and empowering research collaboration through our work with the National Institute for Health Research.
The Federation acts in the best interests of the patients and practices it represents. We are made up of a wide range of clinicians and experienced administrative staff. Our board is made up of local GPs and a managing director.
Our area is divided into 5 PCNs.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.