Welcome to the Garway Medical Practice
We are passionate about the care we provide and believe in primary care being about caring for the individual person. We aim to provide the highest standard of care at all times. We do this by working as a team – listening to each other, our staff and to you, our patients. In this way, we ensure we are being responsive to the community and local environment.
We have recently become part of a Primary Care Network where by we work in collaboration with 4 other practise to meet the local needs of our patients
Our Vision Statement
Our vision is to provide high quality, responsive, flexible and person-centered services that are tailored around the diverse needs of the whole community. Our strapline ‘Primary Care for People’ summarises this commitment and sets our our underlying values and ethos.
Statement of Purpose
We are a Personal Medical Services (PMS) Practice offering Primary care services for the diagnosis and prevention of disease.
Our purpose is:
- To provide the best possible quality service for our patients within a confidential and safe environment through effective collaboration and teamwork
- To show our patients courtesy and respect at all times irrespective of ethnic origin, religious belief, personal attributes or the nature of the health problem
- To involve our patients in decisions regarding their treatment
- To promote good health and wellbeing to our patients through education and information; also utilising electronic processes wherever possible to make care and information more accessible
- To involve and collaborate in multidisciplinary team work including nursing and other allied healthcare professionals in the care of our patients
- To encourage our patients to get involved in the practice through our Patient Participation Group, Friends & Family Feedback and national surveys
- To ensure that all member of the team have the right skills and training to carry out their duties competently, and they have opportunities to discuss and learn from problems or issues that arise at any time
- To provide safe, effective health primary care services in a responsive way; meeting the needs of our patients
- To support continuity of care – wherever possible through personal continuity; but also through medical record continuity enabled by high quality medical records; and following guidelines based on best evidence, national, and local policy
- To be an active and responsible member in our local health community ensuring our practice and services to our patients are commissioned and provided in a way most likely to meet their needs
- To ensure the practice is compliant with relevant legislation and policy relevant to maintaining trust and confidentiality, as well as to ensure we practice high quality medicine
West-Hill Health Primary Care Network
This practice is a member of the West-Hill Health PCN, which incudes: Portland Road Practice, Holland Park Surgery, Pembridge Villas Surgery, Westbourne Grove Surgery, Portobello Surgery, Lancaster Gate Surgery, Garway Road Practice, Grand Union Medical Centre.
The PCN has a population of 67000 patients and our aim is to shape the services we deliver to the needs of our practice populations using a well-trained workforce to deliver good quality primary core services.
We encourage patients to give us feedback on their experiences at the practice.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.